- Get started!
- End Goal – weight or waist size or body image?
- Kitchen first, gym second!
- Win-Win-Win by balancing nutrition, exercise and rest!
- Listen to your body – don’t over fuel it or over work it!
- Learn what others are doing and share what works for you – synergize!
- Learn as much about nutrition and fitness as you are interested in!
A lot of us refuse to listen to what our bodies have to tell us. The easiest examples are around alcohol and caffeine. Many people I have talked to through the years told me that their bodies get really “sick” when they drink too much or consume too much coffee. Instead of listening to the body signals, they ignore it and keep on going until they become dependent.
Our bodies talk to us all the time about nutrition, exercise and rest. It becomes a conscious effort whether we choose to listen or not. For example, think about all the warning signals you get from exercise. If you continue to push yourself after a strain, it could develop into a sprain or worse an internal tear.
It’s important to change our attitude when our body is speaking to us. Think of the metaphor of your automobile’s engine – there are gauges to help you know what is going on. For example, oil pressure, temperature and fuel. You have learned to read those gauges as warnings that you need to take action and your body is no different. You use it hard and if you don’t bother with proper nutrition or rest, and it will stop running altogether.
To connect with me personally, visit the contact page at SexHealthDoc.com.