6 Ways to Keep Your Relationship Strong!
Everyone seems to have too much to do with not enough time to work on the relationship. Here’s quick cheat sheet to keep your relationship healthy and strong all year long.
- Communication - Learn to speak your partners love language - e.g. Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Acts of Service, Gifts or Touch - fill her/his emotional love tank.
- Respect - Get in the habit of learning to seek first to understand and then be understood - do not interrupt or minimize/dismiss the feelings of your partner.
- Quality Time - Take time when kissing your partner - do not rush through it but become mindful and enjoy the experience; Touch - become intentional, hold hands, rub each others shoulders, feet, etc.
- Appreciation - Consider hand writing your partner a thank you note for something special that was done to or for you.
- Make No Comparisons - Seek opportunities to genuinely compliment your partner on at least a weekly basis.
- Pick Your Battles Wisely - Always strive for Win/Win or no deal, this is not a competition.