Summer is almost here, and if you're like most people, you're scrambling to get your best summer body. You're not alone! We all know that diet and exercise are tried and true ways to drop pounds. But what you probably didn't know are the following 6 weird ways to lose weight that actually work.
- A recent study published in the journal Appetite found that people who eat from red plates tend to eat less than people who eat from other colors. And it doesn't have anything to do with the color of the food or the way it contrasts with the color of the plate… it's specifically the color red that causes people to consume less.
- Here's a neat trick French women are using to eat less… Next time you sit down to a meal, tie a piece of ribbon around your waist, under your clothes. This helps you stay conscious of your tummy, especially if the ribbon starts to get tighter as you eat!
- A study conducted by researchers from Cornell and Binghamton Universities found that paying for food with cash instead of your credit card can help you eat less and make better food choices. That's because when you pay with your credit card, you'll be more likely to impulse buy junk food and other things that are bad for you. Instead, withdraw enough cash to last you the day and leave your plastic at home.
- According to Dr. Alan R. Hirsch of the Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago, people who sniffed apples, bananas, or peppermint throughout the day ate less than people who did not. The sniffers also lost an average of 30 pounds more than the non-sniffers!
- Hang a mirror across from your table. Studies have shown that people who eat in front of a mirror tend to consumer a full third less food than those who do not. Looking yourself in the eye as you eat is a great way to remind you of your goals and desire to lose weight.
- Brush your teeth with a mint-flavored toothpaste after you eat. The minty taste will actually trigger your brain into thinking the meal is over, which helps turn off food cravings. Plus, the scent of mint helps suppress your appetite!
For more information on how you can improve your relationships, including your relationship with yourself, visit SexHealthDoc.com or CrosstheFinishLineCoaching.com.