- Get started!
- End Goal – weight or waist size or body image?
- Kitchen first, gym second!
- Win-Win-Win by balancing nutrition, exercise and rest!
- Listen to your body – don’t over fuel it or over work it
- Learn what others are doing and share what works for you – synergize!
- Learn as much about nutrition and fitness as you are interested in!
Besides the Zig Ziglar quote pictured here, I like Tony Robbins quote – 'setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible!’ I encourage you to get a vision of what you want to look like or feel like and then never lose sight of it. Make a picture board of images that represent your goal as a daily reminder to you of your destination. Don’t give up on yourself – people that are successful are willing to do what unsuccessful people are not!
The END GOAL in mind is like following a recipe. If you are good at guesstimating how much needs to go in then you can “wing it” and get the results without a tight structure. However, if you are one of those people who are more successful in following a stricter path, then by all means follow the directions – set a weekly workout and nutrition schedule. This is all a matter of preference and one way is not necessarily better than an other when it comes to the results that you are looking for and will be happy with.